Friday, April 2, 2010

Time For a Rant About Laundry

Yeah, it's time for a rant about doing laundry in the dorms. It sucks so much. There's just nothing good about it. Except that here, at least, we don't have to pay. Up at Tech, they apparently have to pay for each load. But it still really sucks. There are three washers and four driers. We have to share the laundry facility with Springfield, the other house on the first floor, an all-guys house. I live in an all-girls house. Believe me, I'm glad I am. I don't think I'd be able to stand living in a co-ed house. They're co-ed by suite, meaning there are two rooms that share a bathroom and they're shared by the same gender, so I wouldn't share a bathroom with someone of the opposite gender. But still. I wouldn't like living in a co-ed house. I'm happy here in Playground in the all-girls house. Well, it's all girls plus Brad, but he doesn't live there, he just has his office there. Brad is the Building and Grounds guy. Really great guy. His office is right across the hall from my room.

But anyway, back to the laundry thing. There are three washers and four driers and they're always breaking. And people don't know how to do laundry. Guys are the worst. Twice today, there's been laundry left around. Two of the washers had clothes left in them, there were clothes on the table, and clothes on the ironing board (though someone did come to claim those while I was in there). Due to the fact that the other two working driers were already being used and the third had clothes left in there, I took it upon myself to dump the clothes on the table so I could use the drier. They didn't leave a room number on the board (which is another thing that really annoys me) so I had no choice but to dump it on the table. I always get up early to do my laundry because that way, I have a choice of which washer/drier to use (though not today) and I don't have to worry about there being no open ones (though not today). I'm going to go talk to my RA Kendra about the laundry thing because it's getting really annoying.

She's sleeping right now. I'm not gonna wake her. If it gets too much worse, I'll talk to her. It's not really bad right now, but if it gets worse I definetly will. Ugh, now I've gotta start working on my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment